POST PRODUCTION PLATFORM
Post Production Platform is a fund for feature-length narrative and documentary projects in post-production by directors of Arab nationality or origin. Post Production Platform was established to support and encourage Arab filmmakers to professionalize the finalization of their film productions and provide them with the opportunity to promote it at an international film forum.
The Post-Production Platform supports filmmakers by offering them assistance and coaching to complete their projects. We will hold closed screenings of 20 min excerpts from 8 new feature films (narrative and documentary) that are in the final stages of the editing process or available for distribution. A panel of select industry experts and a jury provides immediate individual feedback.
The films are screened in an intimate environment. This is a chance to see clips from a film-in-the-making and provide valuable peer feedback to its director.
The screenings will be followed by a day of pre-booked one-on-one meetings tailored to the needs of the projects where participants will be able to present their projects in more detail to industry experts and jury members.
The Post-Production Platform will pay accommodation for one representative for each selected project during their stay in Malmö during MAFF Market Forum 2020
MAFF MARKET FORUM 2020 FUNDS
More than USD 140,000 total awards value in 2020
Malmo Arab Film Festival and MAFF Market Forum fund prize list of 2020, with a total sum of over 140.000 USD, given to Arab projects in development and post-production. MAFF Market Forum will take place as a sidebar of the festival’s 10th edition (8-13 October 2020).
MAFF Market Forum Post-Production Fund
Post Production Platform is established with the intention of supporting and encouraging Arab filmmakers to professionalize the finalization of their film productions and promote it at an international film forum.
USD 3,000 presented by First Poly Production to sponsor the post-production platform – Morocco.
Post-Production Fund for Feature Films:
- USD 5,000 presented by ElGouna Film Festival to one winning film – Egypt
- Sound mixing service for 15 days presented by Leyth Production to two winning films each award equivalent to USD 13,000 – Tunis
- Three Master DCP’s presented to three winning films presented by The Cell Post Production each equivalent to USD 5,000 – Egypt
- USD 5,800 and a marketing package equivalent to USD 17,700 presented by MAD Solutions to one winning film – Egypt
- Editing service presented by New Black Creative Service equivalent to USD 5,000 to one winning film – Egypt
- Color grading service presented by New Black Creative Service equivalent to USD 5,000 to one winning film – Egypt
- Editing service presented by Mosaic-TV equivalent to USD 10,000 to one winning film – Belgium
- Sound mixing service presented by Mosaic-TV equivalent to USD 10,000 to one winning film – Belgium
- Color grading service presented by Mosaic-TV equivalent to USD 10,000 to one winning film – Belgium
The name of the projects selected to receive the support will be announced during the closing ceremony of MAFF Market Forum on October 11, 2020.
PHOTO FROM MMF 2019 ARCHIVE
PHOTO FROM MMF 2019 ARCHIVE
- Feature (narrative or documentary) film directed by an Arab filmmaker
- Project in the stage of post-production
- The film must be at least 70 minutes for narrative category, and 50 minutes for the documentary category
- 20 min excerpt available for screening
- At least one representative of the project must be able to come to Malmö during MAFF Market Forum 2020
- All participating film projects must have English subtitles
- Swedish co-producer is NOT required