MAFF Market Forum 2018
The 4th edition of MAFF Market Forum toke place on October 6-8, 2018 at Scandic Trianglen in Malmo. Production screening held at cinema Panora.
2018 is the fourth year of the festival’s film industry initiative MAFF Market Forum (MMF) – the world’s first industry platform for co-production and collaboration between the Arab world and Scandinavia.
Consisted of two funding initiatives; MAFF Development Funding and the Post Production Platform.
MAFF Development Funding:
The primary requirement for the applications to MAFF Development Funding was that the projects needed to have a Swedish co-producer and the project theme had a connection to the Arab identity, culture or exile.
MAFF Development Funding is a pitch competition where projects are pitched in front of a jury, experts, and film professionals. They pitch their projects for the opportunity to win monetary development support. MAFF Development Funding was available for three categories; Short films (three projects were selected), Documentary films (three projects were selected) and Feature Fiction Films (five projects were selected).
- “A Respectable Family” Director: Ismahane Lahmar, producer: Rashid Abdelhamid, Swedish co-producer: Linda Mutawi. Country: Palestine,Tunisia, Sweden.
- “And Some Land Of ’MA’” Director: Leopold Ajami, producer: Zeina Merheb, Swedish co-producer: Jonas Kollagher. Country: Lebanon, Sweden.
- “Blood And Honey” Director: Mohamed Siam, producer: Mohamed Siam, Swedish co-producer: Christer Nelson. Country: Egypt, Sweden.
- “Costa Brava Lebanon” Director: Mounia Akl, producer: Myriam Sassine, Swedish co-producer: Olivier Guerpillon. Country: Lebanon, Sweden.
- “Farha” Director: Darin J. Sallam, producer: Deema Azar, Ayah Jardaneh, Swedish co-producer: William Johansson. Country: Jordan, Sweden.
- “Beauful Country” av Director: Hassanein Khazaal, producer: Hassanein Khazaal, Swedish co-producer: Peter Krupenin. Country: Iraq, Sweden
- “Omar Sharif” av Director: Axel Petersen, producer: Mark Lotfy, Swedish co-producer: Sigrid Helleday. Country: Sweden.
- “Searching For Kikhia” av Director: Jiji Kikhia, producer: Jiji Kikhia, Mohammed Soueid, Swedish co-producer: Andreas Rocksen, William Johannson. Country: Libia, Sweden.
- “Everyday At 6 am” av Director: Yasser Shafiey, producer: Yasser Shafiey, Swedish co-producer: William Johansson, Andreas Rocksen. Country: Egypt, Sweden.
- “Give Up The Ghost” av Director: Zain Duraie, producer: Alaa Alasad, Swedish co-producer: Helene Granqvist. Country: Sweden.
- “Worms Will Not Know Pardise” av Director: Emna Najjar, producer: Nejib Ayad, Swedish co-producer: Leif Mohlin. Country: Tunisia, Sweden.
MAFF Post Production Platform is a work in progress screenings of 20 minutes of the selected projects, which were screened in front of the jury and film professionals. Post Production fund platform was available for feature films (fiction and documentary).
- “Fataria“ Feature Fiction – Director: Walid Tayaa, Producer: Richard Magnien, Country: Tunisia – Franc.
- “Parkour(s)“ Feature Fiction – Director: Fatma-Zohra Zamoum, Producer: Fatma-Zohra Zamoum, Country: Algeria.
- “When We’er Born“ Feature Fiction – Director: Tamer Ezzat, Producer: Moataz Abdelwahab, Country: Egypt.
- “Girls Of The Moon“ Documentary – Director: Hiba Dhaouadi, Producer: Nada Mezni Hafaiedh, Country: Tunisia.
- “The Smuggled Sperm“ Documentary – Director: Sawsan Qaoud, Producer: Nada Ennab, Country: Palestine.