MAFF Market Forum 2017 Awards
MAFF Development Funding:
Jury: Ahmed Maher, Director – Alessandra Speciale, Venice International Film Festival – Ibrahim Al Ariss, Filmjournalist and critic
Winner: Swedish Film Institute award with SEK 150,000 to “Backstage”, Director: Afef Ben Mahmoud, Arabic Producer: Khalil Benkirane, Swedish co-producer: Maryam Ebrahimi. Country: Tunisia, Morocco, Sweden.
Jury: Carla Mooney, Silk Road Film Festival – Erfan Rashid, Film Critic – writer and producer – Talal Al Muhanna Documentary Film and TV producer
Winner: SEK 50,000 from Swedish Film Institute to “Back Home”, Director: Nisreen Faour and Rashad Alhindi, Arabic Producer: Carole Abboud, Swedish co-producer: Osmond Karim. Country: Lebanon, Kuwait, Palestine, Sweden.
Jury: Hanna Sohlberg, Film i Skåne – Azza Elhosseiny, Luxor African Film Festival – Etisal – Sam Lahoud, NDU International Film Festival
- USD 2,000 from NDU International Film Festival to “Brotherhood”, Director: Meryam Joobeur, Producer: Habib Attia. Swedish co-producer: Andreas Rocksén. Country: Tunisia, Sweden.
- SEK 30,000 from Film Skåne to “Brotherhood”, Director: Meryam Joobeur, Producer: Habib Attia. Swedish co-producer: Andreas Rocksén. Country: Tunisia, Sweden.
- 2 weeks long/short films-workshop from Etisal Film Fund – Luxor African Film Festival to “The Bath”, Director: Anissa Daoud, Producer: Loi Achour, Swedish co-producer: Michael Krotkiewski, Country: Tunisia, Sweden.
- 2 weeks long/short films-workshop from Etisal Film Fund – Luxor African Film Festival to “Strangers in my House”, Director: Nihad Sabri, Swedish co-producer: Maryam Ebrahimi, Country: Palestine, Sweden.
Doc Post-Production Platform:
Jury: Lisa Nyed, Film i Skåne – Rasmus Steen, International Media Support – Per Eirik Gilsvik, Sørfond – Maher Diab, MAD Solutions
- Distribution in the Arab world from MAD Solutions to “Into the Mist”, Director: George Tarabay, Country: Lebanon.
- 10 minutes original music from Sleeprise Music Production – Ronald Heu in collaboration with Palestinian Oud player Imad Altamimi to “Into the Mist”, Director: George Tarabay, Country: Lebanon.
- 5 days of Color Grading and 3 days of Motion Graphics from Good Film & Post to “Lift Like a Girl”, Director: Mayye Zayed, Producer: Mayye Zayed, Country: Egypt.
- A week of studio time including a sound design (which has the equivalent market price of 25.000 DKK) from Lyd Til Film to “Railway Men”, Director: Erige Sehiri, Producer: Palmyre Badinier, Country: Tunisia, France.