Rules and conditions
- Director or producer must be a Nordic resident (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland) of Arab origin.
- Short narrative project (documentary is not eligible) that has a connection to Arab culture, identity or exile.
- Decisions on selected projects cannot be appealed.
- Malmo Arab Film Festival or the funder are not obliged to participate in the selected projects for future production in any other way.
- MAFF and the funder shall be listed as supporters of the film with their logos included in the film’s closing credits and Sweden shall be listed as production country.
- The funding is paid according to the agreement between MAFF and the representative of the winning project.
- Granted development funding that has not been used shall be repaid.
Submission deadline January 31, 2021