MAFF Industry Days 2021 Awards
MAFF Development Funding
Feature Films Projects:
Jury: Hala Khalil, Director – Tobias Janson, Producer – Faisal Baltouyour, Producer
Winner: SEK 150,000 from The Swedish film Institute to “Goodbye Julie”, Director Mohamed Kordofani – Arab producer Amjad Abu Alal – Swedish producer Issraa Elkogali Häggström.
Jury: Fredrik Gertten, Director – Reem Saleh, Director – Assem Ramadan, Director of operations at Rotana Media group
Winner: SEK 75,000 from The Swedish Film Institute to “Depot Vente”, Director Cherine Karam – Swedish producer Mario Adamson
Jury: Nadia Eliwat, Producer – Johan Siminsson, Film Commissioner – Shahinaz El Akkad, Producer
- SEK 20,000 script and/or production mentorship by FilmCentrum Syd to Cinderella, Director Ala’a Al Qaisi – Producer Shaker Tahrer
- SEK 30,000 production support from FilmCentrum Syd to A Flat for Rent, Director Maher Abdel Aziz – Producer Maher Abdel Aziz
- SEK 30,000 from Film i Skane to Sarah… Better Than Earth – Director, Sherif Al Bendary – Swedish co-producers Linda Mutawi.
Jury: Meriame Deghedi, Head of Sales and Distribution at MAD Solutions – Nada Mezni Hafaeidh, director and producer – Leyth Production – Ala’a Alassad, Head of Production – Creative Media Solutions – Samir Jamal Eddin Director and Producer – Sherif Fathy – Founder and Co, The Cell Postproduction
- USD 7,000 full promotion package by The Cell Postproduction to All Roads Lead to Rome by Lara Saba
- USD 10,000 Color grading service by The Cell Postproduction to I’ll go to Hell by Ismahane Lahmar
- Distribution award in the Arab world equal to USD 5,000 qualified as a minimum guarantee and a marketing package for the promotion of the Film of the value USD 10,000 by MAD Solutions to I’ll go to Hell by Ismahae Lahmar
- USD 15,000 15 days of sound mixing by Leyth Productions to Layla Departs her Soul by Saer Mussa.
- USD 10,000 branding deal by Creative Media Solutions to Beirut in the Eye of the Storm by Mai Masri
- USD 20,000 distribution and branding deal by Creative Media Solutions to Concrete Land by Asmahan Bkerat.
- USD 3000 distribution in Sweden by Arab Cinema in Sweden to Nothing about my Mother by Latifa Doghri.