MAFF Market Forum 2019 Awards
MAFF Development Funding:
Jury: Lamia Guega, Artistic Director Carthage Film Festival – Gaby Khoury, Producer – Mercedes Fernandez, Managing Director Torino Film LAB
Winner: SEK 150,000 from The Swedish Film Institute to “THE SEA NEEDS TO HEAVE”, Arab producer: Alaa Alasad, Swedish producer: Helene Granqvist, director: Zain Duraie, country: Jordan, Sweden.
Jury: Irit Neidhart, Distributor MEC Film – Khemais Khayati, Film Critic – Sherif El Bendari, Director & Producer
Winner: SEK 75,000 from The Swedish Film Institute to “LOOKING FOR SAADA”, Director: Areen Omari, Swedish producer: Linda Mutawi. Country: Palestine, Sweden.
Jury: Butheina Kazim, Cinema Akil Co-founder – Johan Simonsson, Film commissioner at FilmCentrum Syd – Mahmoud Kamel, Director & Writer
- Editing services equivalent to SEK 30,000 from FilmCentrum Syd to “HABIB & THE THIEF”, Arab Swedish producer and director: Naures Sager – Country: Sweden.
- USD 2000 from Luxor African Film Festival to “REPRESSION”, Director: Mike Malajalian. Producer: Abed Lotfi. Country: Lebanon, Sweden.
- SEK 30,000 from Film I Skane to “A RESUME”, Arab Swedish producer and director: Bassem Nabhan, country: Sweden.
Jury: Khalil Demmoun, Film Critic – Lamia Guega, Artistic Director at Carthage Film Festival – Magdi Ahmed Ali Director & Producer – Meriame Deghedi, Arts and Culture Marketing Professional – Nadim Jarjoura, Film Critic
- USD 3,000 from Red Star to “MICA”, Director: Ismael Ferroukhi. Producer: Lamia Chraibi. Country: Morocco, France.
- USD 3,000 from Team One Productions to “FOR THE CAUSE”, Director: Hassan Benjelloun. Producers: Hassan Benjelloun and Rachida Saadi. Country: Morocco.
- USD 10,000 editing services from The Cell Post Production to “MICA”. Director: Ismael Ferroukhi. Producer: Lamia Chraibi. Country: Morocco, France.
- USD 10,000 Color Grading from The Cell Post Production to “MICA”. Director: Ismael Ferroukhi. Producer: Lamia Chraibi. Country: Morocco, France.
- USD 5,000 from Elgouna Film Festival to “BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE”. Director: Majdi Lakhdar. Producer: Mohammed Ali ben Hamra. Country: Tunisia.
- USD 12,000 Sound mixing for 15 days from Leyth Production to “STATE OF AGITATION”. Director: Elie Khalife. Producers: Elie Khalife, Nicolas Khabbaz, and Mahmoud Karak. Country: Lebanon.
- USD 20,000 Distribution and Marketing by MAD Solutions to “THE WOMEN IN BLOCK J”. Director: Mohammed Nadif. Producer: Rachida Saadi. Country: Morocco.
Jury: Asma Graimiche, Director & Producer – Insaf Ouhiba, Researcher & Programmer – Rasmus Steen, Documentary Film program of International Media Support MIS – Ziad Khuzai, Writer & Film Critic
- USD 2,000 Sound design, mixing and editing from Team One Productions to “CAPTAINS OF ZA’ATARI”, Director: Ali El-Arabi. Producers: Dina Emam & Aya Dowara. Country: Jordan, Egypt.
- USD 2,000 from The General Union of Arab Artists to “SUSPENDED WIVES”, Director: Mariam Addou. Producer: Karim Aitouna. Country: Morocco.
- USD 3,000 from Imaginarium to “THEIR ALGERIA”. Director: Lina Soualem. Producer: Marie Balducchi. Country: Algeria, France.