MAFF Development Funding Application for Feature Narrative and Feature Documentary Films
AWARDS GRANTED BY MAFF FEATURE DEVELOPMENT FUND IN COOPERATION WITH SWEDISH FILM INSTITUTE
SEK 150,000 (± USD15,000) FOR THE FEATURE NARRATIVE FILM
SEK 75,000 (± USD7,500) FOR THE FEATURE DOCUMENTARY FILM
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS:
To be eligible for the MAFF Development Fund, films must be co-produced with a Swedish partner and must fulfil the criteria listed below:
- The story of the film must have a connection to Arab culture, identity or exile
- The film is a co-production between at least one Swedish and one Arab producer
- Only complete submissions will be reviewed and considered. Incomplete submissions will not be processed.
- The film must be at least 70 minutes (in both narrative and documentary categories).
- Decisions on selected projects cannot be appealed. Malmo Arab Film Festival, MAFF Development Funding Committee or the Swedish Film Institute are not obliged in any way to justify or comment the reasons for not selecting a given project.
- Two representatives from each selected feature narrative project will be invited to Malmo Arab Film Festival during MMF to participate in pitching sessions and one-to-one meetings with the committee of the MAFF Development Fund.
- One representative from each selected feature documentary project will be invited to Malmo Arab Film Festival during MMF to participate in pitching sessions and one-to-one meetings with the committee of the MAFF Development Fund.
- Malmo Arab Film Festival and the Swedish Film Institute are not obliged in any way to participate in or contribute to the selected projects for future production, whether as donors, co-producers, or partners in any other way.
- MAFF Market Forum, Malmo Arab Film Festival and the Swedish Film Institute shall be listed as co-producers of the film, with their logos included in the film’s closing credits, as well as for dissemination and in any promotional materials associated with the production.
- Sweden shall be included as a country of production in all materials
- Granted development funding that has not been used shall be repaid
- The funding is paid according to the agreement between the Swedish authorized representative of the film project and the Swedish Film Institute
- MAFF reserves the right to screen winning projects (if selected at Malmo Arab Film Festival) for its Swedish premiere in the upcoming edition after the project is completed
- Winning projects are to inform MAFF on a regular basis (every 3 months) of their latest funding progress, the development status of the project, market/awards and festival participation, and to send a viewing copy of the film when completed
- Other rules and regulations of development funding applies according to the conditions stated by the Swedish Film Institute